Competition Theme – I Love Scotland
1. Originality and creativity of design
2. Overall visual impact
3. Skills and execution of technique
4. Interpretation of the theme
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are known as the ‘Rules’. Words used in the description of the Competition (the Competition Description) shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Description and the Rules, the Rules shall prevail.
2. The Rules apply to the Ideal Home Show I Love Scotland Official Competition and by entering the Competition; you agree to be bound by the Rules.
3. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. The Ideal Home Show reserves the right to verify any information contained in your entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
4. The Competition is open to Professional Bakers and amateur cake Makers.
5. The Competition is open to person’s aged 18 and over. You may be required to provide proof of identity at any time.
6. Any person that is an employee of the Ideal Home Show is not eligible to enter the Competition. The Ideal Home Show reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this rule.
7. Cakes must be appropriate for the family nature of the show and must not include anything that could be deemed offensive. The Ideal Home Show reserves the right to remove cakes from the Competition.
8. In the event that a prizewinner is disqualified from the Competition for any reason, the Ideal Home Show will select an alternative prizewinner in the same manner as the original prizewinner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
The Ideal Home Show reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. You acknowledge and agree that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to the Ideal Home Show disqualifying you.
How to enter the Competition
Initial entries must be made by filling in this form and submitting your design as soon as possible and no later than 1st May 2018
Final Selection Process
1. Once the competition closes on the 1st May 2018, the judging panel will meet to select the finalists to be displayed at the show.
2. The finalists will then be contacted and sent the Information Pack.
Delivery and Collection of the Cakes
1. Cakes must be dropped off at the Ideal Home Show on Wednesday 30th May 2018 between 4pm-7pm.
2. All competition pieces must ONLY be removed between 5pm-7pm on Sunday 3rd June 2018 and strictly NOT before. The organizers reserve the right to remove and destroy any competition pieces not collected during this time.
1. The entrants will be given 4 complimentary tickets to the Ideal Home Show London 2018. These tickets can be used on any day throughout the show but can only be used once.
2. Final Judging will take place during the weekend; judges are TBC nearer the time.
3. The price ceremony will take place on Sunday 3rd June 2018 at 14:45 on the Super Theatre.
3. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners will be chosen by the Judge and the prize will be awarded to the person who the Judges considers as submitted the best entry using the judging criteria. The Ideal Home Show will notify the prizewinner on the day of judging.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, the decision of the Ideal Home Show shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Ideal Home Show and/or the Judge of the Competition. 5. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
1. The Ideal Home Show will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent the Competition being fulfilled, a winner chosen, or the Prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by the winner of the Competition. The Ideal Home Show exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any persons’ entry in the Competition or the award on non-award to them of the prize.
2. The Ideal Home Show accepts no responsibility for entries to the Competition due to computer, system or server error in transit.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
1. You agree the Ideal Home Show may use your competition entry (whether or not it wins the competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media.) You confirm that your entry is original and that you own and have the right to license the Ideal Home Show the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give the Ideal Home Show your irrevocable permission to us, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sublicense
2. The Ideal Home Show will use the name that you provide with your Entry for the purposes f the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to you will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. If you are the chosen prizewinner you unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting the Prize) to the use of your name and you photograph.
3. By entering the competition you are agreeing for photographs taken of your Entry at the show to be used across the Ideal Home Show website and social media channels.
- Cakes must be dropped off at the Ideal Home Show at SEC Centre, Exhibition Way, Glasgow G3 8YW on Wednesday 30th May 2018 between 4pm-7pm. Please note you will receive an information pack once the selection for featured cakes has been made.
- Your cake must then stay on display at the event until 5pm on Sunday 3rd June.
- All competition pieces must ONLY be removed between 5pm-7pm on Sunday 3rd June 2018 and strictly NOT before. The organizers reserve the right to remove and destroy any competition pieces not collected during this time.
- The entrants will be given 4 complimentary tickets to the Ideal Home Show Scotland 2018. These tickets can be used on any day throughout the show but can only be used once.