Every year we have a themed Cake Competition. Last year we invited amateur and professional bakers to enter the I Love Scotland Cake Competition.The task was to create a cake celebrating Scotland and the cakes were displayed throughout the 4 days of the Ideal Home Show for visitors to see.
The competitions are judged on the following aspects by some of the Cake industry's leading experts:
• Originality and creativity of design
• Overall visual impact
• Skills and execution of technique
• Interpretation of the theme
Final Selection Process
• Once the competition closes, the judging panel meet to select the finalists to be displayed at the show.
• The finalists are then be contacted and sent the Information Pack.
• 1 x Cake following the theme I Love Scotland
• Internal supports and dummies are allowed.
• Any edible medium may be used and wires, tape, ribbon and stamen are allowed.
• There are no height restrictions.
• Cake must fit within a base area of 38cm x 38cm (15" x 15") square.
• Cakes are judged solely on the appearance and not taste.